Monday, November 12, 2012

Jimmers very first Birthday Party

I love Pinterest. There are so many cool things to make and places to find inspiration. That being said...I got a lot of ideas from Pinterest and other blogs for Jimmers first birthday party. I chose to do a red car theme because he loves little cars. If I had to pick the theme today I would change it to have to do with balls...that kid says the word "Ball" about 1,000 times a day and has one in his hands at all times! Our house was full and it was a great time. Jimmer will certainly need NO toys for Christmas. He got trucks and clothes and books and a bouncy Tigger and a ball and bat and little basketball hoops for the tub and and a wagon and all sorts of things. Nick and I got him a bigger basketball hoop, a pair of Nike flight tennis shoes and a wagon full of blocks to pull. It was so fun to see it all come together and to see Jimmers face. I know he won't remember...but we will and we can show him what fun it was through pictures and this blog when he's older:) I still can't believe he's one!

 We did walking tacos, chips and salsa, chips and queso, jello jigglers in red and blue to match the theme, and cupcakes. We also had licorice and coke bottles, mini pepsis, and red and blue juice boxes. My Mom made Jimmers smash cake:) I made all the decorations....Pinterest and other bloggers were a huge help! :)




He loved the cake smashing for the most part...towards the end he had had enough!

I think Nick would be great with a little girl...... :)

Jimmer was obsessed with the dog bed...he kept climbing in and out of it...here are a few pictures and a video of him..we were all cracking up!


Always has a ball in his hands...
He also got a Tigger gift from his cousin Kyle that he loved....here he is trying to dance along with him :)

Time is just going much too fast....





1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love! What an amazing mommy to plan all of this - I am dying over the garland with his faces and party hats! Too cute. Happy birthday, Jimmer (and happy one year of motherhood to you!)

    ReplyDelete