Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The HAPPIEST weekend on the planet :)

It has been a few days since the festivities of this past weekend, and I'm still finding myself giddy like a 13 year old girl before her first dance. You know when you tell a kid that they're going to go to an amusement park, getting that new toy they've wanted, or that you're taking them to Chucke Cheese and they go BALLISTIC screaming and jumping around with excitement?? I felt like that last weekend...and I loved every second of it.

I'll start from the beginning...

FRIDAY

ERIC CHURCH night!! Nick and I love country concerts. We see anywhere from 6-10 artists every year and just love everything about it. Friday, we had tickets to Erich Church with opening acts Kip Moore and Justin Moore. We went with our friends Winston and Katelyn (NEWLY engaged:)) There were so many other people we knew and ran into there too which was fun. Before the concert we hung out at our stomping grounds Jack and Dollys which is the perfect way to start any night. The concert was super fun, especially given the company we were with! I will say this...I am an outdoor/fair concert kind of girl. It's so much more personal and there's something about being outside on a summer night watching live music that I love. We still had a great time but you're never as close indoors as you are outdoors and I even think it sounds better outside.

 Before we left for the concert that night Katelyn handed me a card.....I opened it and it said "I said I do....Will you?" followed by "Will you be my bridesmaid?". It was such a cute and creative idea (thanks etsy!) and I of course said yes! I was so honored that she asked. Her and I have really become close in the last 7 or so months. I always have the best time with her and she is one of those people who just loves life and is a big ball of fun. Nick is also in the wedding which will be fun. We are so excited to be a part of their special day and cannot wait for September 14, 2013!

 It looked just like this only in different colors...SUPER cute.

Will You Be My Bridesmaid... Cards


SATURDAY

Speaking of being a bridesmaid...on Saturday bright and early I got to meet up with my friend Erin (also newly engaged) who I will be standing up for next fall as well! Her and I were ready and rarrin to head to Des Moines for the HAPPIEST 5K on the PLANET (they said so...and it's true)...the COLOR RUN! If you don't know what this is, google it and find out when and where you can do it...it's seriously the best time ever.
We met the always ready and rarrin Morgan and headed towards the start. None of us knew what to expect other than that there were going to thousands and thousands of people and that we were sure to have a good time. It was crazy to look around at all the white shirts, bright colored socks, headbands etc. Thousands and thousands of happy people. All the proceeds go to a charity of the Color Runs choice (every location has a different one). There was a 1:00 and 4:00 race time. You were sent out in waves every couple minutes. We did the 1:00 race time and were in wave #5. The race is an untimed 5K where you get splashed with color at various color stations as your run. You would run a ways, and then get to a color station where people were lined up throwing color on you and using squirt bottles filled with color. As you ran through the stations you couldn't see a thing..just a cloud of whatever color station you were at.  We later found out that both race times combined had 27,000 people. INSANE! The atmosphere was so positive...even with it being freezing cold! There's not much else I can say about the race other than it was one of the most fun days I've ever had. I felt like a kid and we acted like it...because everyone was. Kids, 20 somethings, 30 somethings, 40, 50, 60...every age were laughing, throwing colors, jumping up and down, singing, dancing, and having a great time. I will so be doing this again...I wish they did this every month!

En Route to the Color Run...Erins sweet glasses
So excited to get to teh Color Run
Just before lining up!
In line to get some Color Gear...socks, bracelets, bags, sunglasses...we went nuts!
Trying to stay warm
Morgie and I
Taking a short break from dancing and singing while waiting for our wave to go


Here's a video of everyone singing and dancing before the race started....this continued throughout the day....

 
Everyone lined up...
Color Run Socks!
The only picture I took mid race...I was having too much fun to stop and take pictures during the race.
My phone had chalk/color over the lense...first pic taken after the race
WE FINISHED!
Showing off our Color Muscles
Morg
Me
EB
Getting ready to do the post race color throw...
After the post race color throw...well round #1 (we stayed for 3 of them...they do them every 15 minutes)
Happy Gals
Our attempt at a mid air/jumping photo...#fail.

Best part was at the end with everyone throwing differnt colors in the air every 15 minutes with music blaring. They had competitions and were throwing free merchandise from the stage. We stayed for 3 of the color throws.....we were belly laughing and jumping up and down and acting like teenage girls and we loved it. Here's a video of round #2 :)
 
 

Our teeth look so white because our faces are so dirty! On the way home after the race.

Erin showing off her vibrant colors!
Carter didn't want to come near us because we were too dirty
Here we are trying to convince him it's ok to stand by us..."your dirty...go shower"

That night, after getting all the color off of us, we got cleaned up and went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory YUM! We had some fund drinks, great conversation and amazing food. By this time we were zonked and headed back to Morgans at 9:30 pm :) (MY how times have changed). We proceeded to rent the dumbbest movie on the planet. Seriously it was so bad...DO NOT watch "Cabin in the Woods." Terrible. Erin and I were up bright and early the next morning and got on the road. I MISSED Jimmer. It was so fun to see Morgan and her 2 little boys who are DARLING. Made me miss Jimmer Jack.



SUNDAY

When I got home Sunday, I loved on my boys and then we decided to go to Outback, both because we were craving it and because we were excited (and sad) that our little guy was 11 months old. We spent the day together just lounging and watching our VERY active boy climb, take steps, get into everything, and show us his muscles (video to come later of that....it's hilarious).



What an amazing weekend...I am so very very thankful. I wish I could do it all over again.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your videos of the Color Run...and Jimmer is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Glad I found your blog, we have the same last name! :)
    Your little guy is SO cute! I just had a boy 2 months ago (we also have 2 girls) The Color Run looked so fun, I have had a few friends run it, can't wait to run it next year. I was 8 months pregnant when it was in our city (San Fran) this year.

    ReplyDelete