Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mississippi Valley Fair 2012

Every year we spend 5 or 6 days in Davenport where Nick is from for the Mississippi Valley Fair. We always wait in anticipation when the winter comes for them to announce who the lineup will be. This year it was Rodney Atkins starting on Tuesday, The Band Perry on Wednesday, Brantley Gilbert and Billy Currington on Thursday, REO Speedwagon on Friday, Hank Williams Jr on Saturday and Montgomery Gentry on Sunday.

We went to the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday concerts this year. We would have liked to see Rodney Atkins but didn't want to take another day off of work, or be away from Jimmer another day. So we took off Wednesday afternoon and headed down. Jimmer stayed with my Mom and Sister Wednesday and Thursday and then my Dad brought him down to join us on Friday since he was coming to the REO speedwagon concert. I was away from him for 48 hours which is the longest yet. It was VERY hard but at the same time, a much needed time for Nick and I.

The best part was Nicks entire family came from Louisiana. His Mom, Dad, Two Sisters, Brother, and two nieces were all in Iowa for the fun. It was so hard to say goodbye to them at the end of the week and I always have such a hard time watching Nick say goodbye because I know how hard it is for him. His youngest sister Kenzie got to come back to our house for a few days before her flight took off which was nice. She witnessed the ridiculousness of me pulling out of the driveway and breaking down...I hate goodbyes. It reminds me of being a kid and leaving my Grandparents house in Michigan. Everyone would be crying. Makes me realize how important the time with them is.

The ANNUAL Mississippi Valley Fair...

NIGHT 1 - THE BAND PERRY

Nick and I before heading to the fair

Kenzie, Grandma Dolly and I

The Larson kids with Grandma Dolly

Ladies:)

My sibling in laws:)

 NIGHT 2 - BRANTLEY GILBERT AND BILLY CURRINGTON 
My niece Rhya and I

My Hubby and I

My "Peanut" Rhylee

D, Whit and I

Larson kids 1,2 and 4 :)

Ladies ready with their boots on

Rhya and her Uncle Nick

Kenzie Lee and I

Whitney Marie and I

Waiting for Billy to start...SUCH a fun concert

MUAH

Night 3 - REO SPEEDWAGON
REO Speedwagon!!

My beautiful sister in laws

Nick and My Dad

Daddy Ronbo and his oldest

Nick was so excited for this concert lol:)

Love him <3

Guy Pic

Ladies Pic

NIGHT 4 - J&D'S BAR
(stayed at Jack and Dollys this night instead of going to the concert)

Kenz and I

My mother in law, Sister in law and Amanda Scott

Grandma Dolly and her youngest Grandaughter

My adopted Grandma Dolly :)

5th MVF together!

Look at those handsome Larson boys!

Not quite sure what we are doing here...

Karoke at J & D's Bar!

When we got back, Jimmer had his 9 month appointment...here he is with his best bud:)
Daddy and Jimmer at his 9 month check up



No comments:

Post a Comment