Monday, October 31, 2011

Some Fun and Not so Fun Things I've learned...& 38 WEEKS!

I cannot believe that this is almost over. That positive test I saw on March 5th seems weeks ago, not almost 8 months ago! Overall, I have had an incredibly easy pregnancy which I am grateful for. I will say that this part, at the end, SUCKS. Here are a few things I've learned along the way:

1. I have a little bit of O.C.D - I clean and organize everything at our house
#3
2. When you wake up in the morning after a deep sleep, wait at least an hour before freaking out and slabbing cocoa butter all over the place thinking that your entire stomach is covered in stretch marks.....because really it's the creases from the blankets/pillows you were sleeping on.
3. You will never feel "hot" or "sexy" effective almost immediately
4. People will tell you their parenting opinions on everything...smile and nod
5. EVERY pregnancy is different
6. You will feel instantly older...especially when tailgating for a college football game next to people doing keg stands and playing flippy cup and beer pong.
7. Your boobs grow over  night.
8. Granny Panties are suddenly fan-friggin-tastic
9. Despite popular opinion, people are NOT always nicer to pregnant ladies.
#13
10. Take advantage of every "Expecting Mothers" parking spot the second you discover you're pregnant.
11. Your husbands life just keeps on going just as it always had.....until your baby makes his/her arrival I assume
12. I'm the best designated driver in the world.
13. I think 5 of the lbs I gained is in my face.
14. Shaving my legs and tying my shoes are things I take for granted.
15. My fuse is shorter than ever.
16. I was never able to truely grasp the miracle that was happening to me.
17. I have a new appreciation for my Mother.
#20
18. The bath tub is my best friend.
19. Pregnancy Blogs are my guilty pleasure.
20. Nothing is cuter than a newborn pair of jeans or shoes.
21. Babies need a lot of STUFF.
22. Friendship takes on a whole new meaning...something about the people you love already loving your baby brings you even closer.
23. I am overwhelmed at the generosity of the people in my life.
24. My hands looks like french toast squares with sausages coming out of them.
25. Swollen Ankles aka Swankles are not hot.
26. You will never forget the first time you see him/her on that screen....and furthermore.....I will never forget the look on Nicks face when they showed us the Frank and Beans.
27. Do not get a brand new hair cut/style while pregnant (I did not do this but was warned by several Mommies that this is a NO NO)
28. There will always be someone who hates the name you pick....good thing it's not their name:)
29. I watch entirely too many episodes of "The Baby Story"- and cry every time.
30. I cannot wait to see his little face....but I am equally as anxious to see Nick with him the first time.
#30

I have this weird sense that I am part of something so BIG and so life changing. Probably because I am. I love Nick more now than ever and cannot believe that in 5 years we've gone from a couple of kids playing basketball to the "Larsons" and soon we will be someones Mom and Dad. Truth be told, I feel like a swollen whale who either got my face punched in or who hasn't slept in days, I have never felt so unnatractive in my entire life, and it took me 30 painful minutes to get my wedding ring off my sausage finger last weekend (currently wearing a fake one)......but I would go through all of this all over again. Maybe tomorrow...maybe next week...maybe in 3 weeks.....sometime very soon we are going to meet this little 8 lbs 20 inch person who will not have the slightest clue how loved they are.


 Born and raised a Cub fan but with a husband and Grandpa (R.I.P.) who are DIE HARD Cardinals fans I have to say that this was the most exciting series ever! Watching my  husband jump on our furniture and scream like he's won the lottery makes me smile ear to ear at his inner child.  What perfect timing for Nick who gets to be a Daddy just a few days or weeks after his favorite team in the world won the World SEries...just as they did 29 years ago right before he was born! Way to Go Cardinals:)

38 WEEK Appointment......... quick recap......head down.....1 cm dilated....75% effaced. Getting checked this time was NOT FUN and Nick was with me:)  His heart rate was 147 which Doc said is great as they like to see it between 120 and 160 bpm. Next Check up is Monday, November 7th. Doctor predicted I will go right around my due date but said to be prepared starting now......better get that hospital bag packed huh!?!? :) I think tomorrow when it's officially NOVEMBER I will start to really have some anxiety. How is it already November!?!?

 BabyFetus Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment