Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THIRD & Final Trimester


Officially in the third and final trimester at 28 weeks and 4 days  today:) Cannot believe how fast this goes!
Due Date: November 12, 2011
How Big Is Baby: Putting on layers of fat, your baby now weighs in around 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and measures about 13.6 to 14.8 inches.

  • He's starting to develop more fat, so hiswrinkly skin will start to get smoother.


  • His lungs are mature enough that he'd probably survive if he was born now.



  • Weight Gain: I am now up 17 lbs:) Which is on track to gain between 23-29 lbs according to my doctor which is between the recommended 25-35. She said I will gain between a half a pound to a pound a week from here on out.

    Maternity Clothes: Still only the two pairs of work pants. Haven't bought anything else yet but want to get a pair of jeans!

    Belly Button: No change..still not out yet.
    Symptoms: Acid reflex!

    Cravings: None really. I eat when I'm hungry and I eat what's available.


    Sleep: Still sleeping very well and DEEP...wake up with lines all over myself!

    Best Moments: 28 week appointment and hearing his heart beat:)


    Worst Moments: Acid reflex and feeling so not attractive!


    I can't live without: ??? Sweatpants probably!


    What I Miss: Nothing really...just the usual...my old body...summer cocktails....etc. But I truely don't miss any of it that much. I'm too excited for this little boy.

     I am looking forward to: My next appointment...(not until September 19th:(...will explain below in my appointment recap.)


    Milestones: I am in my THIRD trimester..home stretch:)


    Exercise: This is my new work out..toning it down but still getting my body moving:
    Mon - 30 minutes cardio on treadmill, Squats, Dumbbell Arm Workout, Stretch
    Tues - 30 minutes of cardio broken up on treadmill and bike, core workout, stretch
    Wed - OFF
    Thurs - 30 minutes cardio on treadmill, Squats, Dumbbell Arm Workout, Stretch
    Friday - 30 minutes of carido on treadmill or boke, core workout, Stretch
    Sat or Sun - SWIM

    Movement: Every day...kicks will be picking up as he starts running out of room in there!
     Gender: As far as we know it's a BOY:)

    Appointment Overview: Had my 28 week appointment Monday where I had to take my glucose test. I had 5 minutes to drink the orange sugary drink and I had to wait an hour for it to get in my system. While I waited I had my regular check up. I was measuring right at 28 weeks which she said puts me right on track. His heart rate was at 152. I had thought that my appointments would now be every 2 weeks but the doctor said because everything was going so smoothly that they wouldn't have me come back for another month and then start the every 2 weeks appointments after that. This was kind of a bummer because I was looking forward to going more often! But I guess I can wait another month:) Next appointment is September 19th when I'm 32 weeks pregnant. After the appointment with the doctor I waited until it had been an hour since I drank the orange sugary drink and got my blood drawn. They said that no news was good news and that if I failed this first test they would call me by 5:00 pm. Thankfully I didn't hear from them so it looks like I passed! They also checked my iron levels. They wanted it to be at 11 or higher and mine was at 10.9 the first time and 10.7 the second so they want me to take an over the counter iron vitamin. She told me it's relatively common and not to worry. But of course I immediately figured I wasn't doing something right or that the baby wasn't getting enough of something! I will NOT miss a pill:)


    So there you have it! Time to get started on the nursery which I'm very excited about. Got together with a good friend tonight for dinner that was LONG over due. Funny how we can all be so stubborn and let loads of time go by when we don't have a lot of it as it is. I had such a great time and maybe this whole experience has made me realize the kind of people I want in my life and the people who truely are good friends. Also, this coming Saturday Nick and I have our birthing class at Saint Lukes. Boy is he excited for this 9 am to 2 pm class:) Thankfully it's broken up so it's just 2 separate 2 hour blocks. We will survive and hopefully learn a lot about what's to come.

    OH AND HERE ARE SOME REALLY CUTE PICS OF "UNCLE NICK" AND BRAYDEN PLAYING GUITAR...i JUST HAD TO:)




    NEW PICS IN EXPANDING BELLY SECTION:)

    1 comment:

    1. Glad everything is turning out healthy and well :) This pregnancy is flying by, right!? And your husbands a cutie ;)

      ReplyDelete