Tuesday, August 9, 2011

fAIr fUn & fRieNds....plus 26 Weeks

What an incredible week! We just wrapped up our 4th consecutive Mississippi Valley Fair in my hubby's home town of Davenport. He's been going nearly his whole life and when we started dating I joined in on the fun. It runs Tuesday through Sunday and there's a concert every night! We went to 3 of the concerts - Blake Shelton, Darius Rucker and Miranda Lambert. We had planned on going to Steve Miller band but it was sprinkling so we went to the beer tent instead:) This is one of my favorite weeks of the summer. We put tents up in Nick's grandparents backyard, set up the boards and bags, grill out, relax and see some amazing concerts. I obviously couldn't enjoy any summer cocktails this year but I had just as much fun and got to be the DD for everyone:) I also think my belly grew every day I was there!! Here are some recap pictures!

Hubby and I at Blake Shelton:)

Dad and I at Blake Shelton

For the Record I'm holding Nicks Beer:)

Group Shot!

Nick and I at Darius Rucker

Nick playing guitar before karaoke at Jack and Dollys Bar

Grandma Dolly and I:)

Clint and Nick before heading to the beer tent!
Love that guy:)

Showing off our belly's!
26 Weeks...today I am 26 weeks 3 days pregnant and closing in on the 3rd trimester!
Due Date: November 12, 2011

26 weeks pregnantHow Big Is Baby: Baby is still the size of an Eggplant and runs anywhere from 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.2 lb :)

Weight Gain: I have no clue! We don't own a scale but I might run over to my Mom's and use hers. I will know the "official" weight gain at my next appointment in 2 weeks.

Maternity Clothes: Same as last week...the two pairs of work pants and then wearing the flowy pre pregnancy clothes :)
Belly Button: Still looks like an aliens eye!

Symptoms: Not too many - heart burn mostly. Pretty easy breezy so far.
Cravings: Was just talking to Nick about how I haven't had any of these really yet. Maybe they'll kick into gear in the 3rd trimester.

Sleep: Wonderful!! But have to be on my side.

Best Moments: Watching my body change and grow as this baby grows and every time Nick touches my belly how the baby kicks.

Worst Moments: Standing in the beer tent...without a beer! That and heartburn!!!

I can't live without: Stretchy Pants and Nick (I know...barf, puke....but really we are closer than ever and he's just so wonderful. God was good to me with that one;))

What I Miss: Wine....My summer jean shorts...my flat belly

I am looking forward to: Starting the nursery project!

Milestones: Nick put his ear up to my belly and heard little buddies heartbeat! WISH I was flexible enough to do the same! Also...baby is now old enough/big enough to survive if heaven forbid I delivered now....but let's just hope he cooks in there another 11-14 weeks:)

Exercise/Diet: Fair Week=Vacation....Vacation=No Exercise! This week I'm definitely back at it with swim workouts, treadmill and bike workouts and upper and lower body weights. Diet is whatever sounds good.

Movement: All the time. I now feel him rolling from one side to the other or from breeched to not breeched. It's a slow rolling pin effect and I can never tell which way he is. I looked down the other day and one half of my belly was sticking out much farther than the other...when I felt it I was sure it was his little head...and of course I cried a little.

Gender: BOY!!

*NEW pics in Expanding belly Section:)

ALSO.....our friends Ashley and Andy became parents on Friday, August 5th to a beautiful 7 lb 3 oz little girl named Quinn Anne Marie :) I got to meet her for the first time last night and she was absolutely perfect. So happy for both of them:) We also got to meet our friends Ashley and Paul Coopers 2 1/2 month old son Cutler. It was so amazing watching Nick with him...he certainly is a natural. All these babies are making me very excited for what's coming our way in just a few short months. They are all such little miracles!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I love the double bellies photo. You're such a beautiful preggo lady, you're glowing! xo

    ReplyDelete