Tuesday, August 2, 2011

25...and a half WEEKS

Hard to believe that I'm 6 months pregnant and nearing the 3rd trimester already. As of last Saturday I am 25 weeks pregnant! Only 15 weeks and 104 days left to go!

25 Weeks

Due Date: November 12, 2011

How Big is Baby: 13.6 to 14.8 inches & 1.5 to 2.2 lbs...size of an eggplant!

25 weeks pregnant

Weight Gain: Not sure until next appointment which is forever away! I'm guessing I'm up 10 lbs or so.

Maternity Clothes: Finally got a pair of pants for work with a stretchy waist! Actually got two pairs. But I need some jeans/capris! Things are definitely getting uncomfortable!

Belly Button: UMMM I don't even want to discuss the nature of my alien like, warped belly button. Sometimes the top of it is half way out...sometimes the left or the right side is. Super hot!
Symptoms: Dizzy spells, ligament pain, stretching, and a terrible case of the "dropsies" (I DROP EVERYTHING!)

Cravings: None that I know of. Water!!

Sleep: Still amazing sleep! 7-8 hours and only having to get up a few nights a week in the middle of the night.

Best Moments: Having him kick when Nicks hand was on my belly and watching my move. Also we went on our hospital tour Sunday at St. Lukes Hospital....made this whole thing much more real!

Worst Moments: The dizzy moments and stretching...SUPER uncomfortable.

I Can't Live Without: My ipod pedometer and True Blood.

What I Miss: Tying my shoes with ease and laying on my back.

I am looking forward to: The Mississippi Valley Fair (Blake Shelton, Darius Rucker, Steve Miller Band and Miranda Lambert) :) Baby is going to LOVE country music!

Milestones: Nick feeling baby and my belly officially "popping"

Exercise/Diet: Walking 10-15 miles a week, lots of squats, dumbbell weights for arms, and stretching! Picked up my vegetables, eating smaller meals every couple hours and still loving FRUIT!

Food Cravings: Haven't had any cravings really yet...except I did make scotcheroos and they are DELICIOUS!!

Movement: I feel him everyday :)

Gender: BOY!!!

Also...we went to visit my best friend Morgan and her husband Jay and their little boy Carter on Saturday in Grimes, IA. She is 17 weeks pregnant (will be 18 this coming Saturday) and it was the first time I got to see her since she told me she was expecting. The guys golfed during the day Saturday while Morg, Carter and I sat and talked, watched Carter play in the pool, and made those scotcheroos I was talking about! When the guys got back we grilled out and then watched a movie. The sun kicked Nick and Jays butts and us pregnant ladies were of course tired so we were all alseep around midnight...about 2 or 3 hours earlier than what we would have been years prior! Probably a good thing since the guys made another tee time at 6:00 am the next day!! Apparently the course was amazing and difficult and they needed one more go around. When they got back Morg, Jay and Carter headed off to Church and Nick and I stopped at Perkins for breakfast before heading back into Cedar Rapids for our St. Lukes Hospital Tour. We know that is the hospital that we will deliver at as that is where my Dad, Sisters and Nephew were all born (I was born in Indiana) and Nick was also born at St. Lukes (only in Davenport not Cedar Rapids). We wanted to check it out before the big day arrives. I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack...it makes it VERY VERY real. Cannot believe how soon we get to meet our baby boy.

Morg and I trying to snap a pic while the sun was going down

Chef Jay preparing our yummy meal

17 weeks and 25 weeks preggers:)

HAHAH no he didn't wet himself....little ketchup spill :) Nick and Jay playing bags


Carter Bug heading back inside where Yogi's waiting for him

Giving us another glance...

Strong Boy





And finally.....my friend Ashley should have her baby ANY DAY now! Last checked she was 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Dr. thinks she'll go by Friday. Her birthday is tomorrow so I'm hoping she has her then...what an incredible birthday present:) So excited to meet Quinn Zweibohmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment