Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Napping...Nesting...Nagging

I'm really going to try to post 2 blogs a week, in hopes I have enough crap to talk about, which who am I kidding, I'm sure I can think of something. This thing is like my grown up diary only without KEEP OUT on the front or with a little key to open it. It's also nice to keep track of everything my body is going through and different things I'm feeling or frustrated with. Especially with all the Mom's or soon to be Mom's out there who have great advice or know exactly what I'm talking about. And I absolutely love looking at other people's blogs!

NAPPING - I just need to point out how there is never a moment throughout the day where I don't feel tired...fatigued...exhausted...sleepy. I sit and think of times I can squeeze in power naps or attempt to doze off briefly with my chin in my hands while sitting at my desk. I get 7-8 hours of sleep a night and feel like I get 3. Today, for instance, I took my early day (for Summer Hours) so that I can get into my sweats, watch all my shows on DVR, and sleep until I wake up on my own or it's morning!


Super Cluttered Future Baby Room

NESTING - A few weeks ago, Nick and I decided it was time to de-clutter, organize and start getting our house baby ready. So far I think we've put in about 20 hours of work but it's paying off. We will make our 3rd trip to Goodwill this weekend and I'm pretty sure the garbage men are OVER us. There is nothing better than having a clean and organized house though. We  have done every room so far except what will be the babies room, basement, spare bedroom and finishing the garage. It's quite a project and I have parted with several clothing items that nearly brought me to tears. But I think it's safe to say that the jean mini skirt that I swore was never as short as it looks now, will NEVER be worn by me again. Good times in that jean skirt but you have to know when to walk away! I held that thing up and I'm confident it wouldn't fit a child!! We also have a list of "home projects" with the goal of completing them before the baby officially joins the family. Hardwood floors in the kitchen and entrances and main floor bathroom, new light fixtures, knobs for the cabinets, trim for the basement, chair for living room, new rug for family room and of course completing the babies room to name a few. We also plan on putting NOTHING on any credit card so the turbo savings has begun. 

De-Cluttered Bedroom
 
 Some of those are big projects and some of them are not. We will probably not have them all done until the month the baby comes if we even get to all of them but it's nice to have a list to work off of. I already completed our room as far as decorating and de-cluttering which was on the list so we could check that one off! Something about sleeping in a clean room is so much better than a messy cluster room. So hopefully we stick to our guns and get this stuff taken care of in the next 6 months.

Photo collage from my cousin hung on our bedroom wall


  



NAGGING - I may not have suffered from morning sickness other than some days with the icky/dry heaving feeling, but I make up for it in headaches. I don't think one day goes by where I don't have at least one headache. Most of them aren't excruciating, but their nagging as all get out and all I can take is Tylenol which is like eating Smarty's because they do nothing for pain relief! They are usually the worst at night but due to my excessive sleepiness I am able to fall asleep only to wake up with the same headache. I had heard and read that this was the "easy" stage. Aside from the headaches, I really have no complaints. And I truely love being pregnant. I just wish I didn't frown so much!

I'm 14 weeks and 3 days pregnant, have gained 1-2 lbs depending on the day, have CRAZY dreams, and I finally see a bump growing:) All my clothes still fit which I assume they probably will for another month or so. I have my next appointment on May 25th for my 16 week checkup and we find out the sex exactly 5 weeks from today (35 days!). So, currently, I'm living by the 3 N's...Nesting, Napping and Nagging (headaches that is). I'm over a third of the way there already and loving every moment of it...mostly in thanks to the incredible support system we have:)



No comments:

Post a Comment