Thursday, May 12, 2011

Little Person Hands are punching me in my uterus!

Before I get into the baby business I thought I would briefly share my thoughts on Idol. For those of you who aren't idol watchers, skip to the next paragraph:) Basically it boils down to this for me, get rid of Haley. That's all. Her growling is over done, and she's entirely too argumentative and cannot take any criticism what so ever. I would LOVE to see how she'd handle a judge like Simon, he would eat her alive and if she talked back his bite would get bigger. Otherwise I think it's anybody's game. I love Scotty, Lauren and James and think all of them will do wonderfully after this competition. They all have incredible voices...period.

Moving on....I'm a little frustrated because I don't have a bump yet and I swear that the "bump potential" was bigger 2 weeks ago than it is now. I haven't gained any weight and I'm so ready to have a bump more so to prove that their's actually someone making a home in there. However, I am confident that something is going on in there because in the last week it has felt like a baby boxer is getting a workout in there.
It's like these tiny hands (much like the BK commercial hands shown above, or atleast that's how I picture them) are going to town on my uterus and it's swelling up. I can definitely feel the "stretching" beginning. What started as the size of my fist (uterus) is now bigger than a grapefruit. Speaking of my fist, that is currently how big our little chalupa is. Hard to believe that when Nick and I discovered this news he/she was nothing but a poppy seed! Let's see what else has changed...I get frequent headaches which is a pain, I sleep so unbelievably good and am usually in a deep sleep, I have the craziest dreams, and that whole "Glow" people speak of...yeah not so much. I am breaking out and and just feel bloated. Good news is, I'm almost through the first trimester and 1/3 of the way there already! Just makes me all the more anxious for my belly to grow. I can already tell I'm going to be one of those pregnant ladies that LOVES being pregnant.

Pregnant Lady Yoga Class #2 last night and let's just say she picked up the intensity WOWZA!  I didn't know my body could move that way and certainly am feeling it today! Stretching really is soooo good for you. Another funny story is about my incredibly adorable nephew, Brayden who will be 5 in July. Every time I see him he runs up and gives me a big hug followed by "Did I hurt your baby?" Only he can't say his R's so it's even cuter. Well the other night we were laying on the floor watching "Tangled" (which I love BTW), and he put his ear up to my stomach and just listened for a while. He then says "I can hear his heartbeat" (he's convinced it's a boy), followed by "My cousins so silly he's just laughing in there." It was the sweetest thing and my Mom and I just laughed at his innocence and imagination. It's also nice to know that he pictures a happy baby.

In other news I would just like to say that there are so many great and wonderful things going on with my friends right now and I am incredibly happy for them. I'm not going to put them all on BLAST but whether they have something new and exciting happening, or just continue to live and lead happy lives because of the people they are, there's just nothing better than seeing the people you love be so happy.

So I'm about to start the 2nd trimester & am always counting down the days until my next appointment (13 days) as well as the appointment when we find out the sex (40 days). The little guy/girl looks something like the photo over there. Everything has been developed it just needs to grow now:) I am supposedly entering the "honeymoon" phase of pregnancy. Bring it on!! I haven't put up any belly pictures because I really don't think anythings happening at the moment. But this weekend, or maybe sooner, when I'm 14 weeks I will put one up there to track my progress. Have a good rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment