Thursday, May 26, 2011

2nd Trimester in FULL swing....16 week checkup!

Yesterday was my 16 week checkup:) I get so excited for my appointments just so I can see the progress and make sure everything is ok...I'm a nervous wreck when I walk in there! Everything is normal and I'm progressing as I should. I was told that it's completely normal not to be showing yet (I was very concerned about this) and that I may not show until 20-24 weeks! I certainly hope it's a little bit before that!! It was a quick appointment. Blood pressure, weight, and I got to hear the heartbeat again. I can't think of anything that sounds better than that. The nurse weighed me with my coat on which had my keys and cell phone in it lol so who knows how accurate it was. I'm going to go ahead and believe what it said though because I like thinking my baby is growing!! I told Nick he didn't need to come to this one because it would be so quick and easy. Next appointment we will be going together to find out the sex of the baby on JUNE 21st! TWENTY SIX more days. Seems like an eternity but we cannot wait. Initially I had thought it was a boy. But I'm beginning to change my mind.


16 week appointment
Heart Rate: 156 (much lower than at 11 1/2 weeks when it was 182!!)
Weight Gain: up 2 lbs
Blood Pressue: Good/Healthy


That's pretty much it. Super quick and easy but again, hearing the heart beat is the best sound in the world! I wanted her to let me listen to it for an hour but all I got was a few minutes which will have to do. Nick and I are so excited to find out if there's a little boy or a little girl in there:) We don't care either way we just want healthy.

                                                      I mentioned that I had changed my mind on what we were having. Nick still thinks it's 100% boy based on his "gut feeling" although he wants a girl and a boy eventually so he doesn't care either way. I had thought boy until recently when I keep dreaming of little girls! I'll just give one example because it's fresh in my memory. Last night I dreamt that I had a 3 year old blonde little girl. In my dream the babysitter was the corner house on our street and I went to pick her up after work. Only thing was I had absolutely no recollection whatsoever of the first 3 years of her life! I don't know if it was memory loss or what but it was terrifying. I didn't remember having a baby or anything! Kind of reminded me of 50 First Dates when every morning Adam Sandler plays Drew Barrymore a video to let her know that she's married with a child!!! Anyway it was very real and I woke up all in a frenzy thinking I was going to have this little girl and then suffer severe memory loss. What's wrong with me? Seriously. So we will head into our ultrasound appointment 50/50 with Nick thinking boy and me thinking Girl. I can picture both and am just as overjoyed with either. We do have a girl name picked out already so that part would be taken care of.

I was supposed to meet with the DayCare woman yesterday but had to move it to next Tuesday on May 31st because I had Prenatal Yoga last night. By the way...the class is insane and get's harder every week! I'm in PAIN today. I'm also going to try and do as many 5K run/walks this summer as I can. I will be walking however because I'm terrified to put too much pressure on my bladder by running for long periods of time and I just want to play it safe. My friend at work told me about this website that tells what upcoming races are in the area so I looked on there and there are a lot of 5K run/walks coming up! This is the website, http://www.fitnesssports.com/index.html. It's a terribly organized website and gives me a headache but if you just click the calendar month at the top it will tell you where they are and when they are. Check it out! I plan on using this after baby when I'm getting back into running again!

16 weeks pregnant
I don't have any new belly pictures because there's nothing to show yet. The pictures I do have up are the good days where the belly seems to be popped out more...whether this is bloatation or baby is undetermined! I'd like to think it's a little bit baby! As soon as my belly pops, pictures will be posted. I literally wake up every day and feel my belly praying it's grown! Although I'm sure once it does I'll be wishing it would go back down! Today I'm 15 weeks 5 days. Saturday I will be 16 weeks...this flies by. Zoomed in version of baby looks something like the picture below.
He/She measures at around 4-5 inches long and is only 3-5 ounces! BEAST! This week the baby begins to be able to hear our voices:) I will have to watch what I say and be extra picky in my song choices for the car concerts I put on. That pour child...I get VERY caught up in my car concerts.

PS - LOVED the American Idol finale!! I was so happy with both the finalists and didn't care either way who won but was happy for SCotty. They are both going to be just fine in the Country World. Lauren isn't quite as comfortable on stage as Scotty is yet but her voice does a lot of the work for her! I loved that TLC performed!! Very good season for American Idol with a lot of talent. Think we'll be hearing from Pia and James as well! Hope everyone has a fantastic Memorial Weekend!!! I am very excited for the extra day off. Will post Tuesday night after the DayCare meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment