Friday, April 29, 2011

What a difference a year makes!

Let me  give you a VERY quick background: 2006 boy meets girl...2010 boy and girl get engaged, buy a house and get married, and in 2011 we will welcome our first baby boy/girl. I decided to start a blog, mostly so I wouldn't miss a second of what has become my crazy, wonderfully imperfect life. A lot of what I post will be related to my pregnancy and the many trials and errors I'm sure to face. However, be prepared for a lot of randomness, funny moments, my favorite show recaps, and a play by play of a road trip or two. I'll start with our wedding. One of the best days of my life not only because I married an incredible, wonderful, honest man....but also because it was a fist pumping, booty shaking, unforgettably good time. Thanks to my wonderful family and friends, I had my dream wedding and wish we could do it all over again!

Now to our most recent news. We decided after our honeymoon that we wouldn't try but we wouldn't NOT try and let God decide when he would bless us with a baby. We got back from our honeymoon on February 3rd and two days later I would get what would be my last period for 9 months. Four weeks later, I hadn't even missed my period but I just had a feeling.  I got off work,  stopped at the store and got a bottle of red wine and a pregnancy test. I got home, poured myself a glass of wine and headed to the bathroom. Nick had just gotten home and thought I was half crazy (not uncommon in our house:))We talked...well he told me about his day and I mostly stared at the clock waiting for 3 minutes to go by and then I made my way into the bathroom with my heart beating out of my chest. That is, until it stopped beating all together...
Obviously I didn't believe the first one so I took two more in the days following. But after that first one I ran into the kitchen and half way screamed what I still didn't believe to be true. We hugged and cried...I finished my last glass of wine for some time (it's ok I promise:)), and we went out to celebrate but hated having to keep it secret. We waited several more weeks to share the news with our families which was tortue. We wanted to think of a unique way to share the news so I put together a DVD slideshow with pictures of Nick and I with the big news announced at the end. My Mom's birthday was March 30th and my Dad and Step Mom and sister were coming over the following week for American Idol (which I LOVE!). So both times seemed like perfect opportunities to show the DVD. We told both of them that I had just put it together to show pictures of our wedding and honeymoon. We also hid our digital camera so that we could get their reactions. Needless to say it was a very emotional and incredible time...and definitely glad we recorded their reactions...PRICELESS.

video video
So here we are...12 weeks pregnant and confident that we could prepare all we wanted but will never truely be ready for what lies ahead. Heard our little ones heartbeat for the first time last week and nothing ever sounded so good. It was also Nick's first time taking in "the stirrups". Another priceless unforgettable moment in itself HA! The heart beat reached 182 beats per minute...definitely high energy like his/her mama:) Our due date is November 12th...which is also the month of our first Anniversary (November 6th) and Nick's birthday (November 27th). It will be a very busy month! Our baby looks something like that little thing over there to the left...and it has already became a little girl or little boy but we will not know until June 21st.

 So there you have it...the grey area excluded above includes crazy mood swings, headaches, "crazy" days, overplanning and replanning, changing plans, new jobs, angry days, sad days, and blissfully happy days. I wouldn't trade any of it..even the worst of it.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! i love it! Me and Nick have the same b-day 11/27. so happy to read and be here to see your journey. its amazing. and loved the video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I am cracking up at your mom! How sweet, what a cute way to tell them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda Joy...I'm in tears (literally) watching your Momma's reaction to the big news...I couldn't be happier for you...you deserve the VERY BEST...hug you, love you, kiss you, miss you!

    ReplyDelete