Saturday, April 30, 2011

Smokey Green Means Boy??

For the record, I will not be blogging daily. However the child in me is both giddy with my new blogging "project" plus, there have been several things that I need to bring up to speed so that I'm not playing catch up with future blogs. So...here it goes. I mentioned I had my 12 week appointment so I figured I would recap that for those of you, like myself, that like to see if you are on track with other soon to be Moms or in a league of your own!!

12 Week Appointment Re-Cap
Blood Pressure: Can't remember exactly but I remember it was "good"
Weight Gain: 1 lb
Blood Type: A positive
Babys Heart Rate: 182
Due Date: November 12, 2011

That's really all they gave me. Our 16 week appointment is May 25th followed by our 20 week appointment on June 21st when we find out the babies sex.

Speaking of finding out the sex. Some of you will choose not to find out and some of you won't be able to wait. I happen to be an incredibly impatient and curious person. I think it is so neat for those of you who keep it a surprise and wait until the moment your baby comes into the world to find out what you're having. I will continue to envy you as I obsess over the sex of our baby and count down the days until we get the official news! In the meantime, a co-worker of mine told me about this product called IntelliGender. This is a gender prediction test that can be taken as early as 10 weeks into your pregnancy. I checked it out and figured if nothing else this would be a fun experiment for Nick and I to try just to see if it was accurate or not. For those of you who also have curious minds, here is the website: http://www.intelligender.com/home.html. And this is what it looks like:
 The test requires your first morning urine and they are adament that the steps are followed exactly or it won't be accurate. So I got up this morning and ran down to Walgreens with a VERY full bladder...obviously should have gotten the test before the MORNING I wanted to take it. Grabbed the box for $29.99 and raced home...at this point my eyes were watering I had to go so bad. I followed the instructions exactly...peed in the cup...used the syringe and then put the urine in the other bottle provided that has what looks like thick salt at the bottom. I then mixed the contents by swirling the bottle, as intructed(NOT shaking), set it on a plain white surface, and then waited. The box says to wait 5 minutes and no more as the test can change color after 5 minutes and wouldn't be accurate. Your urine mixed with the contents will either turn a smokey green or yellow/orange color. Green indicates boy and Orange indicates girl. Nick and I waited and walked into the bathroom to get eye level (again as instructed) with the bottle to see what color it revealed:
According to Intelligender, come fall, Nick and I will be welcoming a little baby boy.  The website and videos say the test is 80-90% accurate. However, there are more false boys than false girls. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super excited to think we might have a little boy, who will surely be handsome like his Daddy (I was not the cutest baby...Nick was darling). The girl result looks like this:
It was kind of fun and I'm definitely curious to see if it ends up being right or wrong. If nothing else, it was just fun to do. I'll keep you posted come June 21st as to whether or not IntelliGender held true!

No comments:

Post a Comment